Online Blackjack Strategy Hints and Tips
When it comes to online casino games, card games attract a specific type of player. As opposed to slots and arcade type games, card games like blackjack require a certain amount of skill and strategy in order to beat the dealer and win big online. If you are thinking of playing blackjack online for real money, you may want to keep reading. In the notes below, we are going to look at basic blackjack strategy, hints and tips that can make a big difference to your overall online gambling experience.
Before You Start Playing
Before you even get started playing blackjack online, make sure you have signed up with a reputable online casino. This may not affect your blackjack strategy as such but it has a major impact on your overall experience and it is one of the best tips you can get. It is best to sign up with a casino that offers high percentage payouts on card games as well as offering lucrative bonuses as well as 24-hour customer support. It is also important to sign up with a casino that offers multiple banking options and fast, secure cashout facilities.
Know Your Hand Rankings
If you are new to the game of blackjack, the good news is that there are a simple set of rules that can significantly increase your winnings. These blackjack strategy rules are easy to learn and are based on the concept of soft or hard hands. When the game starts, the dealer will deal you two cards. Based on these two cards, you can determine your next move. The hand that you have been dealt can be split into three categories. These are either soft hands, hard hands or Pairs.
Soft Hand Blackjack Strategies
It is important to know the difference between the hands as they determine the course of play.
- In blackjack, soft hands are hands that contain an ace along with a low card from 2-9
- A hard hand is any hand that does not contain an ace.
- Pairs are hands that contain two cards with the same value e.g. six of spades and six of hearts.
If you were dealt a soft hand at the start of the game, the blackjack strategy is as follows:
- It is best to stand if you have 19 or higher
- Hit (request another card) if you have 17 or lower
- If your total is 13 or 18, it is a good idea to double up but only if the dealers card is 5 or 6
- If the dealer’s card is a six or lower and you have 18, then it is best to hit (take a card)
- If you have 18 and the dealer has seven or more, then you should stand.
Blackjack Strategies for Hard Hands
If you were dealt a hard hand, your blackjack strategy should be as follows:
- If you have 9 or less, then Hit (take a card)
- You can also double-down if you have 9 or 10
- If your total is between 12 and 16, then hit if the dealer is on 7
- Always stand on hard hands if your total is 17 or higher
Blackjack Strategies for Pairs
If you were dealt a pair, the following blackjack strategy applies:
- It is best not to split 4’s, 5’s or 10’s
- You can split a pair of aces or eights.
- If the dealer shows 6 or less, you can split any other set of cards.